Pages

© Pratik Daga 2013-2014.
All Rights Reserved.

Thursday 9 May 2013

Arrange Marriage


Marriage or Jail






















"Son, I found you a girl,
You are 23, ready for the challenge,
To be a Husband
and give me a Grandson"
said my Father.

Uncomfortable silence
Lingering in the air;
Far from speaking,
Confused and bewildered there I stand.

A low and hesitated voice
finally emerged,
"But Father I don't know that girl.
How can I marry some-one
without being in Love?
Let me search,
please wait, till I find True Love"

"Don't be naive."
my Father urged,
"Meet that girl,
you will learn to love.
Your Great-Grandfath­­er,
Grandfather and me,
all married and found love like this.
In the society we live,
this is how it is done."

"No" argued me,
"I don't want,
a Loveless marriage,
Even in my dreams,
with a stranger, I can't live."

"Enough discussion,
this topic is over.
Tomorrow you will meet
your future wife,
and with her you will live
your life "
commanded Him.

A few weeks later,
I find myself,
in shackles with a stranger,
Getting married.
Standing a dumbstruck pair.

In shock I stumble,
and wake up from bed.
Relieved to see,
that it was, just a dream,
horribly gone bad.

Important Note- It is a work of fiction. Nobody is forcing me to get married. :P

1 comment:

rice purity said...

They're produced by the very best degree developers who will be distinguished for your polo dress creating. You'll find polo Ron Lauren inside exclusive array which include particular classes for men, women.

rice purity test online