Pages

© Pratik Daga 2013-2014.
All Rights Reserved.

Friday 30 August 2013

A Romantic Date



A romantic date

Outside her house I'm waiting expectantly,
Awaiting for her, my heart beats a little nervously.

She's late as usual but I don't mind, at least not yet,
She'll say, "I was getting ready for you." no doubt, I bet.

She's here at last and only an hour late,
A beautiful woman, it was worth the wait.

Roses, her favourite, I give them to her,
And take her to the car with a chauffeur.

I have booked a table at an exclusive place,
Wishing that she'll be amazed.

We reach the restaurant; I open the car door,
Guide her to the table with beautiful candles and decor.

Soothing music plays, as we sit under the moon-light,
The waiter arrives with the wine, perfectly timed.

My nervousness increases, as she finishes her drink,
Only to find at the bottom, a beautiful diamond ring.

The moment is here and I'm down on my knees,
I muster some courage to ask, "Will you marry me?"

It changed my life, what happened next,
The two words she said, "Definitely,  yes."

No comments: